A car trailer, sometimes known as a car hauler, is a trailer large enough to carry a car. In most cases, this trailer would then be attached to a truck in order to move the car from place to place. There are multiple types of car trailers, but the major types are enclosed trailers and open deck trailers. Enclosed trailers protect the car from weather and other road hazards while open trailers obviously do not. Enclosed car trailers are more expensive, however.
Some car trailers are made to haul just one car; others can move multiple vehicles at the same time.
If you are looking to purchase a car trailer, you have the choice of new or used trailers. Below we offer links to various options for buying a car trailer.
- Featherlite Trailers offers enclosed and open deck trailers. Find a Featherlite dealer.
- Haulmark is a major name in enclosed car trailers. Find a Haulmark dealer.
- Continental Cargo offers multiple styles of new car trailers.
- U-Haul offers car trailers for rent.
- Wells Cargo offers 3 types of enclosed automobile trailers.
Just for fun, check out these custom car trailers that mimic the vehicles they trail.